2.7
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Jan 28

A customer service representative from corporate emailed me and called me to resolve the issue. Working with him definitely changed my opinion for the better of the company.

Original review posted by user Jan 27

I'm extremely disappointed with my experience with this company.I bought the original Swagway X1 hoverboard for my son for Christmas for $290.

It was used once when it began to vibrate, knocked my son off and then the rubber foot pad came apart. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the base was cracked. I followed the directions on your website to return the board for repairs (costing me $43 in shipping). All I received was an emailed bill for $95 to replace the broken parts!

How is this something that I should be paying for?! The warranty is terrible. Do they not stand by their product? When I spoke to customer service on 1/23 to find out why I am responsible for the fee, I was told only that my other option (other than spending $95 to fix the board) was to return it and pay a restocking fee of 30% of the original price!

Unhappy with this option, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that no one was available and that I would be contacted by phone or email soon. However, no one ever contacted me and all I received was an email with a refund confirmation, which I never said I wanted to follow through with. Even more disappointing was the fact that the refund confirmation is for $203! I paid $290!

I just called the customer service line again today because I refuse to pay $90 to have the board restocked when I could pay $95 to fix it and actually have a board. Right now, I'm out $140 ($90 to restock and $40 to ship it) and no board to even show for it! I was informed today that the only way I can speak with a supervisor is through a message on Facebook or an email to support, so that is what I am doing. I chose Swagtron because I know two people who each have the same board for over a year with no issues.

They use the board daily, roughly and on all terrains. Obviously the one I received was defected.

I've never dealt with an issue like this before from a supposed reputable company.It's extremely disappointing and disheartening.

Review about: Swagtron Swagway X1 Hoverboard.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Make me pay to ship their defective product, Machine i got is defective, Warranty process, Customer service.

Had an Experience with Swagtron?

Comments

Swagway
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1297757
Swagtron Verified Representative

Thank You for your feedback!

We also Thank You for the opportunity to address and solve this issue!

We sincerely apologize for any frustration Swagtron™ may have caused you and are extremely glad that you the issue is rectified!

If you ever have any more issues, we are always available!

WeCare@Swagtron.com

#SwagtronCares

Swagway
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1286187
Swagtron Verified Representative

I am Angie N, a representative of Swagtron.com .I understand you are unhappy with Swagtron™ and would like to ensure the issue has been handled to your satisfaction.

It looks like a customer service representative has assisted you already.

Please message me (or email wecare@swagtron.com) and we can discuss any problems, solutions, and how I can ensure your Swagtron experience was a positive one.

You can also email wecare@Swagtron.com at your convenience!I look forward to hearing from you!