1.3K views
Featured Not resolved

I purchased this Swagtron Swagway X2 on December 6th, 2016 because of the $199 sale. It was supposed to come with a free carrying case which wasn't included.

No UL certification listed anywhere on the product, and it's used and damaged. This thing is suspect all around. It's being returned. I made a YouTube video because I couldn't find any reviews about this thing anywhere.

If it helps one person avoid a disappointment or headache, it's done it's job. Called customer support several times and was on hold with no representative ever picking up.

Sending an email to the company so if I end up having the credit card charges reversed I will have documentation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YymuAw2tx4

Product or Service Mentioned: Swagtron Swagway X2 Hoverboard.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private and 2 public responses to the review from Dec 15, 2016.

Comments

Horrible company. Wish Amazon had investigated them more before offering the products.

Who sends back heavy bikes, especially after the year warranty is out. I bought two for my Grandchildren and both have issues. No one in Northern, VA. can work on them?????

When I called all I was told was fill out a form and send them back. Terrible company!

Newport Beach, California, United States #1262150

The warranty states you can return the item for up to 30 days, however, you need an RMA in order to accomplish this. I sent in the information in order to get the RMA, they state it will be sent in 24 hours.

I also followed up with two emails to their customer service department.

To date I have yet to receive any response. My concern is that they are stalling in their response, will say they never received my emails, and the 30 days will have passed.

Leland, North Carolina, United States #1260612

Wish I would have read these before giving two of them to my daughters for Christmas- one works one is totally crappy and vibrates all over the place. Anyone have any luck getting refunds or exchanges?

I also ordered on DEc 6 and received the bag but no board. It has not even been shipped!!!!

Of course they charged my credit card 2 weeks ago and now say there is nothing on there end to check why order has not shipped or to expedite it. Customer service is non-existent, hang up.

Murrieta, California, United States #1259615

I was concerned after reading this review; I also ordered the Swagway x2 for a Santa gift. Last night I openned it up to check on it....it looked amazing brand new solid looking....obviously havent used it yet but by the looks of it all good......ill update after Christmas

to Moma92563 Twinsburg, Ohio, United States #1260303

I also received my x2 a couple days ago opened the box to an unbranded but new hoverboard

to Moma92563 #1260629

Ordered one for my child as well. Looks and works great but I'm concerned that is doesn't have a UL certification.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #1258630

I tried to call too after I read some reviews and like you said..no freakin answer.I called 4 different times an got the answering machine.

ruffynd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1257598

Dallas, Texas, United States #1256550

Thanks I had my wife open the box as she was about to gift wrap it for Christmas same deal here USED covered in dirt and scratches sat on hold for 25 minutes before I got an answer was told to email them as the call center cannot do anything and after leaving and tagging post on them they told us to write them on Facebook so we'll see where it goes from there. Thanks for leaving this and the YouTube review if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't of even looked in the box!

SwagTron
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1256435
Swagtron Verified Representative

Hello,

I am Stephen K., a representative of Swagtron.com . I understand you are unhappy with Swagtron™ and would like to ensure the issue has been handled to your satisfaction.

Please message me (or email satisfaction@swagtron.com) and we can discuss any problems, solutions, and how I can ensure your Swagway experience was a positive one.

You can also email Satisfaction@Swagtron.com at your convenience! I look forward to hearing from you!

ruffynd
to Swagway Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1256810

Hello Stephen K.,

I was looking forward to receiving my hover board, only to become extremely disappointed when I discovered it was a used product. It came with a very poorly written instruction manual, and no registration card.

I am also not interested in burning my house down, so my first order of business was to locate the holographic UL approved sticker which was no where to be found. I traced every part of the transaction including a cached version of the website used to sell the product. It was purchased directly from:

"https://swagtron.com/product/swagway-x2-hoverboard/". So I would find it hard to be counterfeit coming directly from the Swagtron website.

While the page is no longer online, it was recorded by Google and can be viewed by visiting: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://swagtron.com/product/swagway-x2-hoverboard/. . My options are: 1.) I want a BRAND NEW hover board regardless of model, with proper UL certification (I will verify), and the carrying case as promised along with the time frame I can expect the swap out procedure to take place. .

or . 2.) I want a FULL refund, including a prepaid label to return the product, and I want a time frame that I can expect a refund to be issued to my credit card. . If can are able to assist me by executing either of these options, please message me so I can directly contact you via your satisfaction email address.

. Regards,

to ruffynd Bellevue, Washington, United States #1261936

I also spoke with the same guy and still waiting on hearing back from him! I guess they also removed the site....satisfaction@swagtron.com

to ruffynd Wadsworth, Ohio, United States #1262114

we are in the same boat! scratches and CRACKS.

ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE BOARD WORKS. THIS IS BS! THE BOARD ALSO SHOWED UP LATE AND NO BAG. SO WE EMAILED AND GOT A FAST RESPONSE.

THE RESPONSE WAS THE COMPANY IS GONE. WENT OUT OF BUISNESS AFTER THEY RIPPED US ALL OFF. SENT OUT ALL THESE USED AND DEFECTIVE HOVERBOARDS AND RAN WITH OUR MONEY.

NOW I HAVE A BROKEN BOARD AND OUT OF 200 DOLLARS. I WANT A REFUND BUT I HAVE NO WHERE TO SEND THIS CRAPPY BOARD BACK TO

to Swagway Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1261907

I would love to receive mine. Got the bags no boards.

I am about to have my bank charge back on the two I bought so my kids can have their Christmas presents. I would have paid more to not run in to this BS.

to Swagway Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1262026

Stephen

I am also in the same boast. I have tried to call multiple times and have sent several emails and have had no luck.

Not even an acknowledgement that they are aware of problem and working on a way to fix it!

Your customer service is non existent!! I want a hover board that will work and is UL certified

to Swagway Wadsworth, Ohio, United States #1262131

we are in the same boat! scratches and CRACKS.

SwagTron
to derek Chicago, Illinois, United States #1286631
Swagtron Verified Representative

I am Angie N, a representative of Swagtron.com . I understand you are unhappy with Swagtron™ and would like to ensure the issue has been handled to your satisfaction.

Please message me (or email wecare@swagtron.com) and we can discuss any problems, solutions, and how I can ensure your Swagtron experience was a positive one.

You can also email wecare@Swagtron.com at your convenience! I look forward to hearing from you!