3.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 24

so, after writing my update the last time, I sent a copy to Steve, the rep who helped me originally after my complaint here, and as of today have not received any response. So, apparently I'm stuck with a $400 oversized paper weight.

I'm so happy to share my experience to warn other consumers away from buying one of these. I had refrained from turning my outlaying experience into a do not recommend, as they attempted to fix my first issue, but when their repair basically killed the scooter and now I can't even get a response from them after they made the problem worse again, I'm afraid that is all there is left to do. I'm not a terribly fussy customer. I just feel taken advantage of.

their repair staff is unusually incompetent it would seem. this didn't seem like a difficult repair, yet twice they have seemingly botched it. this last time by not reassembling the electrical system properly. so if you are reading this, please do not buy this scooter, or if you do, only buy it from them with their $100 replacement warranty, because their repair department can't seem to get a repair correct.

so a replacement warrant seems the only recourse. so, as I'm on a fixed income and saved up for a while to be able to buy this scooter to help get around town without looking like I need a mobility scooter (which I eventually will) I'm screwed out of $400, with literally maybe 20 miles on the odometer. Thanks for ripping off someone who wanted to be a happy customer, then giving him hope, and botching the fix making it worse. I feel like a sucker.

and yes, I'm even more pissed, as I can't even get a response from them anymore.

bravo! if you wanted to make an unhappy customer into an enemy, you've done so marvelously!

Update by user Jul 17

I'm so frustrated (pissed is really the word). So, my ups and downs since then.

I was delighted that a rep from Swagtron contacted me through this site. They offered to RMA my scooter back and to fix what they didn't the first time I sent it in. All great. I got it back a week or so ago.

It looked fine and it powered up and I rode it to the post office and back. A week later, I decide to take a ride to the park, so I go to charge it, and it doesn't seem to want to charge. The LED in the charger which normally goes red till charged, just dims. The power level never increases, at all.

I leave it in overnight, nothing. It never turns green, nothing. I'm not sure what to do. I think there's is enough power to go to the park around the corner, so I do and while there it decides to stop working completely.

Not only that, but it is basically locked up. Meaning that the magnetic braking system and permanently engaged now so I can't even use it as a kick scooter. I am about to contact them again now that I am stuck with, what I assume, must have been a lemon from the time I originally bought it. $400 down the drain.

I doubt they are going to do anything, seeing as it's past warranty but if they checked the odometer, they'd see I barely got any use out of it at all. I'm on a fixed income and while I'm not totally invalid, I do have mobility issues and this does help me get outside to have some semblance of a healthy lifestyle.

I'll send along a copy of this update to the rep who reached out last time, and fingers crossed, I'll get a refurbished replacement that actually works. Otherwise, I'm basically I'm the same position as last time I posted the initial complaint.

Original review posted by user Jun 02

I bought the swagger when it was on Amazon for $399, with extended warranty.

The 2nd time I went anywhere, just riding on the sidewalk cracks caused a chunk of the rubber on the front wheel/motor to break off. This didn't make it unusable yet.

About the 5th or 6th time I rode it, the front wheel comes loose and the alignment goes askew enough to cause it to hit the fork frame that holds it in place. Unrideable now.

I wrote them and detailed the happenings, they agree to let me send it to them for repairs as long as I cover shipping ($70 btw), so I did.

When I got it back, I was pissed I had detailed the alignment and broken rubber on the front wheel, but after waiting for the repair, it arrives aligned, but still with the wheel missing a large chunk out of part of it. I believe this is why the alignment keeps coming loose, as the chunk is only from one side of the tire.

It cost me so much to send it back the first time, and I felt I shouldn't have to pay again to fix the problem I already sent it back for.

A couple of weeks later, fall set and I forgot about it till now that it's spring.

I am enjoying the new Lime scooter share in SF, but can't help feeling like a sucker, shaking my head that I have my own scooter I can't use, that I paid $400 for, and got to use less than a dozen times.

Product or Service Mentioned: Swagtron Electric Scooter Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 02.

Comments

SwagTron

We are very sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced!We do everything we can to ensure that all of our customers receive quality products!We can definitely get this taken care of for you!Please email us at WeCare@Swagtron.com so we can get this handled as quickly and conveniently for you as is possible!We look forward to hearing from you and getting this solved!#SwagtronCares

TraumaticJellyfish928
to Swagway #1494127

Thank you for your quick response. I'll email you later this afternoon when I have a min.

SwagTron
to TraumaticJellyfish928 #1494190

You are most welcome! We look forward to hearing from you and getting this matter resolved!#SwagtronCares